Wednesday, February 17, 2010

HOW A BOOKCOVER REFLECTS LIFE?

During October 2009 I was busy with my works and juggling time with my studies. That was just a few months ago rite? In the middle of those hectic life, i feel so stress & urge to release it. While i was writing on a B5 size hardcover book, my eyes took a glance at my old rug jeans. My little brain blinks a bulb & i had this silly idea of creativity. Following my motherhood instinct (haha!)..i took the jeans rite away, mark the booksize with ruler and pen, cut it properly and attached them with double tape. For a 'cincai' job...i complete the book-jacket around 30 minutes. This is what it looks like.
(Double-click on image to view full size)

The story continues...
A few months after i proudly bring that cool book almost everywhere, Shahri saw it & felt lovely to get a book like that. I have another old jeans & i did promise him to make a jacket book. (But, everyone was aware that i have this 'penyakit' which is 'MALAS' and procrastinate my job. So they don't force me and find alternative solution. The theory is : 1st premis = either wait till i have the gut to do it or, 2nd premis = they volunteer to do it.) As usual, Shahri give up on waiting for me to do it, so he use the 2nd theory & insist to do it himself. Exactly, last nite while my friend & I were busy doing our academic research, Shahri join us but get in his own world, creating a master-piece jacket book. Knowing him as a disclipline, particular & efficient guy, he manage to replicate another jacket book.
Not just that, his version is far more better & stylo. Gosh i'm so jealous.Haha. Have a look at his creation. (Double-click on image to view full size)

P.S : I would like share some quote. The story above definitely are not significant to our dear viewers, but to share with you some philosophy behind all that. Just imagine that i am representing the Malay nation and Shahri is the outsider. I (the Malay) have a gifted talent of crafting something but i don't optimize the job.

Later on, when Shahri (The Outsider) saw me and realize the potential of my product. Because he (The Outsider) is hardworking & ambitious, he re-design my product & even improvise it. And i react as typical malay, whereas, i cannot accept the fact that he is better than me (he is better managing my skills), i just get jealous & mad, but does not sees the symbolic interpretation behind it.

Hope all my fellow friend read this and digest it with the nation's perspective & had the initiative to be a better man everyday.

( alamamry.blogspot.com )

No comments:

Post a Comment